Now to the knitting part

I went to Eugene to buy some pretty, slate blue cashmere for a cable sweater for Darling. (This was in September). I’ve had as much as 18 inches of the back done before I noticed a large glaring error, so I ripped it out.
I have a hard time casting on and getting the beginning ribbing done….so I did that for about three months.
Then I went to a conference…prime knitting time! However, about 12 inches into the back, I noticed that somehow, I had
a)miscounted in almost every row
b)must have read the pattern in a language other than k and p
c)managed to drop stitches hither and yon

So I ripped that out.

So it is now almost the end of February. I spent THE ENTIRE WEEK getting 1 1/2 inches of even ribbing completed (no dropped stitches) and THREE PATTERN ROWS done.

Be still my beating heart. I think the hardest part is over.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s