Pick a dozen favorite movies.
Head over to IMDb and find corresponding quotes.
Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
And no fair googling the quotes, don’t be a cheater!
1. “Only don’t tell me that you’re innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry” The Godfather/liz/ak Michael says this to Connie’s husband, right after Michael had stood godfather for their child. To make things worse, he tells Carlo “What, you think I’d make my only sister a widow?” I love that movie!
2. “Ladies and gentlemen, either you are closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of a pool table in your community!” The Music Man/Novel. Good job!
3. “Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don’t you think?” Serenity/sioux. I loved the series and I loved the movie! The writing was clever and funny and very Marshal Dillon meets Captain Kirk.
4. “We should call the cops” The Punisher…you can see this on late night tv. John Travolta at his really evil, violent scary, wife tossing onto the train tracks self. I could watch this movie every night for the rest of my life. I wish JT had his own channel that was JT 24/7. Okay, JT and Nic Cage. I will and have watched them in pretty much everything (expect that one with the dreadlocks. Didn;t care for that.)
5. “Finest kind.” M*A*S*H/Marji. We saw this on a trip to Salt Lake City the summer between our junior and senior year in high school. Did you know that you can turn two Conestoga wagons end to end on the downtown streets of Salt Lake City?
6. “I don’t know about you, but I intend on writing a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this” Titanic/Novel. We watch this every year on our anniversary.
7. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Jaws/Novel. I couldn’t go into the water for a whole summer because of this movie!
8. “Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner” Rainman/Katney. I used to love watching the Wap!
9. “Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that’s how it always starts. Then later there’s running and screaming..” Lost World-Jurrassic Park/Novel I could watch this one over and over, too. Love the whole chaos theory.
10.“Faster! Faster! Faster would be better!” Serenity/Novel. I love the series
and the movie, too. I wish it had lasted longer.
11.“You can’t handle the truth!” A Few Good Men/Novel. I saw this accidently in the middle of the night with mi cunada (my sister in law). We were driving around LA with screaming babies, who fell asleep after we had walked the deck of the Queen Mary for hours. So naturally, we went to the movies!
12.“I couldn’t do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys? “ Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid/Marji. We drove over to Tulare and saw this accidently at one of those beautiful old theaters with stars on the ceiling, a balcony and velvet curtains. When the movie opened and it was sorta sepia 9instead of in COLOR) we both looked at each other and I know we were both thinking, “A western? In sepia? I think not!” Needless to say, it has not only been a favorite of mine since I was 16, it brings back great memories.
4. I’ll watch John Travolta in ANYTHING, even when he is the very bad GUY dealing drugs in Miami. Even if it went straight to video. Even if the movie is named after a comic book.
*Welcome susan/sc , sioux and Katney!
liz/ak–welcome to you, too!
Here is Rocket, running from Tank
Is that the cutest face?