- No more headaches. I’ll try to do what the head doctor tells me. It’s been a THREE whole weeks now since my head shot…so far so good.
- Finish my blue sweater. Can’t finish if I don’t even bother to pick it up.
- Finish grey sweater. DONE
- Repair pink afghan. See #3.
- I’d like to go to Stitches West in 2011. I have plans for 2009 and 2010, so 2011 is my first opening. (How did I manage to get booked so far in advance?)
- MLK weekend-well, already I have to put that on hold. I’m booked for that weekend. Darn-ola.
- Rag roll the dining room (that dusty pink is just off the mark) and then stripe it with painters tape and THEN paint over it with clear glaze. That will give me just the sheerest stripe that will just pick up the light.
- Cruise to Alaska. July 2009 (Paid for)
- Refinish my sewing table. I think I’ll take it over to the coast and work on it over there. I want to strip it down to the bare wood (it’s painted white now) and then stain it something dark to go into my little office off the master bedroom in the hotel.
- Zero out my credit cards. I think I owe less than $900, so I can do this by next month. I just have to write the checks. DONE
- Renew my teaching credential. Silly me, I thought last time WAS the last time. Once more. Maybe.
- Go thru my closet and actually get rid of my clothes that are too big. When we moved out to Plant Ops (2 miles from the parking lot) I lost FOUR SIZES. Even my equipment belt can’t keep my pants up anymore. I need to toss out my slacks and actually buy new ones (okay-seven new ones that all look exactly the same) that at least fit.
- Recover my big huge couch with a
l eopard print velvetychenille (as soon as the upholstery shop reopens at the prison, or I couldn’t afford what I want. I have the gimp and the fancy nails that I’ll put on myself, along with the heavy fringe). The inmates will do the triple tobacco colored welting, though.
- I already have some of the fabric for some of the curtains and throw pillows(on sale at the Cotton Ball) and the fabric for the over-sized cushy down pillows with the really luxe fringe (again, on sale from the Britex). Once that gets done, up into the hotel and cover with a set of Salvation Army sheets. Really, this fabric is beyond luxe and totally over the top. And the trim is something you would see in an old style Hollywood estate–totally and outrageously expensive (except I got the very end of the bolt for almost nothing and I haggeled over the price.)
- Make the fancy, elaborate Victorian lampshades to go in the hotel. It is all hand sewing and even I can do that.
I ended up spending a week in a hospital at UC/SF with a picc line in my arm, filling me full of poisons. So far, it has worked pretty well. I still get headaches, but they are down to 1 or 2 a month. (Even two is too many, but still…)
I’m booked for 2010 AND I got all of my first five choices. Thanks to Marji, the Librarian.
My school totally changed it’s calendar and I couldn’t get time off. Had we known that the state would implement furlough days, I would have been able to go. Good thing for trip insurance.
something that is yet to be actually found. It exists only in my head and is on sale for, oh, $1.25/yd. 60 inches wide.